One of the most treasured activities at Christmastime is
eating all the yummy holiday food! So, what better craft to do with your kids than to make edible holiday goodies of all kinds?
The great thing about baking is that it is something kids of
all ages can do. It doesn’t matter if they’re preschool or teenagers -– they can help and will have fun!
In addition, baking at the holidays is a fun way to create a lot of
good family memories that your children will pass on to their children and so on. Below are a few fun holiday recipes you
and your children will enjoy.
1-2 pkgs. fresh strawberries
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1/2 C. powdered sugar
1 t. vanilla
2/3 C. finely crushed graham crackers
Good quality melting chocolate
1. Remove stem from strawberries and remove part of the
center with a knife. You should be carving out a little “V” into the center of the strawberry when you pit them
-– make sure there is enough room to add filling.
Mix together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until well blended. Put mixture
in a pastry bag.
3. Take strawberries and one-by-one
squeeze the cream cheese filling into the center of the strawberries. You do want a little of the filling to rest on top of
4. Melt chocolate in a double boiler.
Once the chocolate is smooth, dip the bottom half of each strawberry in the chocolate. Place on wax paper and sprinkle graham
cracker dust on top of the cream cheese filling on each strawberry.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 pkg. Oreo cookies (or brownie mix), finely crushed
2 pkg. semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
1. Mix cream cheese
with 3 cups crushed Oreos, or brownie mix, until blended well.
2. Form approximately 48 small balls from the
mixture. If using the browning mix, you may need to refrigerate balls before moving to the next step.
3. Dip balls into melted chocolate, sprinkle with remaining crumbs or drizzle with
melted white chocolate for extra decoration.
Caramel Covered Brownies
Unsweetened baking chocolate (4 squares)
3/4 C. butter
2 C. sugar
1 C. flour
pkg. chocolate chips
1/2 pkg. dark chocolate chips
2 Tablespoons milk
1 bag caramels (I prefer Kraft)
1. Melt baking chocolate and butter in a large bowl by placing in the microwave for
approximately 2 minutes.
2. Add sugar and stir until
3. Mix in eggs one at a time. Stir
until well blended.
4. Add flour. Mix well.
5. Pour into 13 x 9 inch greased baking dish.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees F. Do not over-bake.
7. While brownies are baking, place caramels and milk in a glass bowl and microwave
for 2-1/2 minutes, or until melted
8. Stir caramels
9. When the brownies are finished baking,
pour caramels on top of brownies. Spread evenly.
Sprinkle chocolate chips all over the top of the caramel. Use as many chocolate chips as you’d like.