Spine-Chilling Chocolate Spiders
Free Halloween Recipe
The sight of a creepy crawly spider sends tingles of shock and fear
through just about everybody I know, including myself!
With these sweet, gangly spidery treats, everyone will love the feeling of being the
one with the power over the spiders THIS time, as the decision is carefully made whether to begin chomping
on the spiders' heads or "back sides" -- or maybe even devour the terrible (but tasty) creatures as great
big, succulent, single morsels!
This is a fun and easy Halloween recipe that is tons
of fun to make with the kiddies. Obviously, supervise well and be careful that no one gets burned with the hot dish
Recipe Type: Dessert
Preparation Time: 15
to 30 minutes
Quantity: Makes 2 dozen spiders
- 8 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Black or Red shoestring licorice
- 24 small round candy-coated milk chocolate balls
(such as Hershey's or Sixlets)
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate for 2
minutes at 50% power, stirring after 1 minute. Stir until melted; let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in marshmallows.
3. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined
4. Cut licorice into 2-inch pieces; press 8
pieces onto each mound for legs.
5. Press two chocolate balls into each for eyes.
3. Refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.
The soft glow of candle light and Jack 'O Lanterns
fills Halloween with a mysterious
and other-worldly atmosphere, adding to all the excitement of the occasion!