Valentine's Day is a day for poetry and romance. If you are not so great
at writing your own poetry, then here are 14 suggestions for romantic poems that you can quote.
1. From Hero and Leander by Christopher Marlowe
"Who ever loved that did not love at first sight..." (More Info)
2. Sonnet 18 by William Shakespeare
compare thee to a summer's day?" (More Info)
3. Sonnet 116 by William Shakespeare
"Let me not to
the marriage of true minds admit impediments..." (More Info)
4. A Valediction Forbidding Mourning by John Donne
"As virtuous men pass mildly
away, And whisper to their souls to go..." (More Info)
5. Aedh Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven by William Butler Yeats
"Had I the heavens’
embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light..."
6. A Red, Red Rose by Robert Burns
"O my Luve's like
a red, red rose that’s newly sprung in June..."
7. To His Coy Mistress by Andrew Marvel (More Info)
"Had we but world enough and time, this coyness, lady, were no crime."
8. The Passionate Shepherd to His Love by Christopher Marlowe
"Come live with me and be my love and we will all the pleasures
prove..." (More Info)
9. Love by Samuel Taylor Coleridge
"All thoughts, all passions, all delights, Whatever stirs this mortal frame..." (More Info)
10. A Poem to His Beloved by William Butler Yeats
"I Bring you with reverent hands the books of
my numberless dreams..."
11 - 14. By Elizabeth Barrett Browning (More Info)
Sonnet 14 - "If thou must love me, let it be for nought except for love's sake only."
Sonnet 21 - "Say over again, and yet once over again, That thou dost love me."
Sonnet 43 - "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways."
Sonnet 44 - "Beloved, thou hast brought me many flowers..."